TAFCOP, short for Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection, is an initiative introduced by the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) in India. Its primary purpose is to empower consumers by enabling them to monitor and manage the mobile connections associated with their name. In this article, we will delve into the significance of TAF COP Consumer Portal and provide a guide on utilizing the portal.
Tafcop.DgTelecom Gov In Portal Profile
|TAF COP (Sanchar Saathi)
|For Stopping Online Fraud and Tracking Status
|Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications
|Track Active SIM Status, Block/Unblock Lost/Stolen Mobile
|All Indian Citizens
|tafcop.sanncharsaati.gov.in (Formerly tafcop.dgtelicom.gov.in)
What Is The TAF COP Consumer Portal Portal?
The TAF COP Consumer Portal, short for Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection, is a government website designed to assist subscribers in monitoring the number of mobile connections associated with their identity. This portal enables users to track and take necessary actions concerning any unauthorized or fraudulent SIM cards issued under their name. Please note that while this portal provides valuable information, the primary responsibility for handling Customer Acquisition Forms (CAFs) remains with the service providers. Subscribers with more than nine multiple connections in their name will receive SMS notifications through this platform.
TAFCOP DG Telecom Gov In Login Process
Users can login to tafcop.dgtelecom gov in login portal, below mentioned are some steps that you can follow:
- Open any preferred browser and search for TAFCOP DGtelecom Gov in login portal and you will be take to the login page.
- As an alternative you either search for tafcopdgtelecom also.
- You will be seen homepage of the website.
- Click on Taf Cop Portal Login button.
- Now enter your user ID and password.
- – After this enter the captcha code.
- Finally, click on the Login button to log in to your registered account.
- The above process can help you access Tafcop portal login in an efficient process.
Check Active SIM Status On TAF COP Consumer Portal Portal
To check the online connection registered on TAF COP Consumer Portal, the user has to follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official portal of taf cop dgtelecom gov in portal.
- You will be taken to dashboard of portal.
- After that go to Know Your Active Mobile Connections option on the homepage.
- Now, enter your mobile number
- After this click on Request OTP button
- You will receive an OTP on your registered number
- After that, enter the received OTP
- After this click on Validate button.
- After successful verification, the registered online connections will open on your screen
Report Button In TAF COP Consumer Portal
If you find any additional or unauthorized connections in your name, you can click on the “Report” button and fill a form with your details and reason for reporting. One ticket id will be sent to your registered number regarding your complaint that can be used to track its status on dgtelecom portal. As an alternative option, you can download one copy for your reference. Consumers can also request for deactivation to close any connection that they are no longer in use with. You can click on ‘deactivate’ button and fill out the form. A confirmation SMS from your service provider upon deactivation.
How To Check Your Mobile Number Is Linked To Aadhaar?
To check registered phone numbers against Aadhaar number the user needs to follow the following steps:
- Visit the TAF COP Consumer Portal. You will see a field to enter the mobile number on the home page.
- Now, click on the ‘Request OTP’ tab.
- After that, To verify, enter the received OTP number.
- All the numbers linked to your Aadhaar number will be displayed on the website.
- After that, From these numbers, users can report and block numbers that are not in use themselves or those who no longer needed.
How To Link Mobile Number With Aadhaar?
If anyone wants to Link Mobile Number With Aadhar, Follow the Given below Steps:
- Visit the nearest Aadhar card center and receive the Update/Correction Form.
- Fill it properly with the required documents And Attach A Copy Of Your Aadhaar Card And A Photo Identification Document Such as a PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID, Etc.
- Then Submit The Form to the Aadhar Centre.
- After this process, you will receive an acknowledgment slip to your device.
- In a few days, your Mobile Number Will Get Linked To Aadhar.
Check Mobile Connections On The TAFCOP.DGTELECOM.GOV.IN Portal:
To review the mobile connections registered in your name online, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in portal.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Verify the OTP.
- Validate the list of active connections associated with your TAFCOP Portal Aadhaar card displayed on the computer screen.
- Examine the page’s list of mobile numbers in detail.
- Report any cellphone numbers you find that you are not using to the TAFCOP Consumer Board.
- Click the “This is not my number” box on the left side of the screen to report a phony number.
- Select “Required” if there are no inaccurate mobile numbers in the list.
Download The TAF COP Consumer Portal App On Your Smartphone
- Open either the Play Store or the App Store, depending on your device.
- Type “TAF COP consumer portal” into the search window by hitting the search button.
- Search for the DOT’s official app.
- When the software has finished downloading, tap the “Download” button.
- Following the procedures indicated above, you may either start utilizing the program when it has been correctly installed or enter the required data.
List Of States Where TAFCOP Consumer Portal Services
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
Features Of The TAFCOP Consumer Portal
Following are the tafcop consumer portal features you must checkout for gaining its benefits:
- Notification for Excess Connections: Subscribers with more than nine connections in their name receive SMS notifications via the portal, prompting them to take necessary actions.
- Complaint Submission: Users can easily report suspicious or fraudulent activities related to their mobile connections through the portal. Complaints can be submitted online, and their status can be tracked. A unique “Ticket ID Ref No” is generated upon complaint submission for status tracking.
- Status Tracking: Subscribers can check the status of their requests using the “request status” feature available on the portal. The “Ticket ID Ref No” is required for this purpose.
- Active Mobile Number Check: Subscribers can log in at TAFCOP dg telecom gov in login Portal to check the current status of their mobile numbers, distinguishing between active and inactive connections.
DOT Customer Acquisition Guidelines
- Customers are required to fill out the CAF form, upload a current photo, and present proofs of identification (POI) and of address (POA). Give the Point of Sale (PoS) employee the CAF form.
- Prior to SIM activation, consumers will receive a special number after submission. It is necessary to present a receipt that is stamped and signed by the PoS. Also, it includes the CAF number, POI and POA, mobile number, issuance date, and subscriber’s name.
- The PoS person must verify the details in the identity and address proof documents, match the photograph, and sign and stamp the CAF form and attachments.
- The licensee will update all details in the subscriber database and confirm document verification. SIM card activation will follow.
- Record the sale and activation dates in the system, including customer and licensee signatures. Tele-verification must occur before making or receiving calls.
- Selling pre-activated SIM cards will result in a Rs 50,000/- penalty and SIM deactivation.
- The same guidelines apply for changing from prepaid to postpaid or vice versa.
- Make sure accuracy in the CAF form; the licensee is responsible for any errors in customer information compared to the provided proof.
TAF COP Consumer Portal serves as a valuable resource for consumers seeking to scrutinize and manage their mobile connections, safeguarding themselves against potential fraud or identity misuse. Moreover, the user-friendly portal offers seamless access and delivers timely alerts and relevant information to consumers. Additionally, it aids the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) in its oversight efforts, ensuring adherence to telecom resource allocation guidelines by service providers. Additionally, it represents a significant stride in empowering consumers and fortifying security within the telecommunications sector. If you are a mobile user in India, we strongly recommend visiting the portal to assess the status of connections registered under your name.